The City’s Largest Dinner Party Returns to Calgary
Le Dîner en Blanc – Calgary returns for its 8th edition!
This elegant and secret affair has become THE foodie event of the year! On September 9th, at a new secret location, guests are awaited to dine and dance under the stars, while evidently following all the recommendations made by the local Public Health and Safety on the Covid-19 situation. The festive and community feel of this long-standing French picnic tradition will not change.
To get the opportunity to be part of the experience, click on the Register tab.
Le Dîner en Blanc is an event that, even by staying home, transports us into another world. The sea of people all adorned in white creates images that are instantly ‘Instagram-able’. Meeting new people or reuniting with longtime friends. Getting all dressed up to attend a dinner à la française where conversation and champagne are essential.
Nichol Turner and Gill Boyd, hosts of Le Dîner en Blanc in Calgary, are ecstatic that Le Dîner en Blanc is returning to the city, and that this year's event will help the local economy: “This chic and elegant affair seems perfect to encourage people to shop local. We missed the spirit and sense of community this event brings to Calgary during last year’s cancelled event so we anticipate that participants will be eager to attend this year.”
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
Le Dîner en Blanc – Calgary is hosted by Nichol Turner and Gill Boyd who are no strangers to events in Calgary. Both with respective event companies, Nickel Concepts Event Management and Red Events, they’ve both had long careers elevating the event experience.
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: